The Geek & The Chic

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Curveball

I had anticipated a quiet weekend up north with my husband July 4th weekend. We had plans to attend the Syracuse Symphony performance Saturday night in Watertown followed by a fireworks display. We were going to go to Sackets Harbor and attend that town's Sundays in the Park concert series. We had also planned a picnic at Remington Park and a canoe trip on the pond Monday.

Instead I am on Long Island visiting my father in CCU (cardiac care unit).

One week ago he fainted and hit his head. The visiting nurse insisted he be examined by a doctor and took him to the hospital. My father's very stubborn (some say that's where I get it from) and would not have taken himself. His head is hard and it's fine but his other numbers are out of whack. His blood pressure is down and his blood sugar is up, there's internal bleeding that no one seems to be able to find the cause of and test results yield no clues. He's in good spirits though and giving his nurses a hard time. But it's all in good fun. The nurses love my father as a patient. He has a good sense of humor and makes them laugh.

I hope he'll be home soon. He's a strong man with a good heart and loved by many people.

1 Comments:

  • Im sending my prayers to Daddy, hope you got my message, see you this week sometime!

    By Blogger Monica, at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home