The Geek & The Chic

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Just A Dream...

I awoke Saturday morning in a panic. My first thought was to make sure I was not alone in bed and I was not.

I had dreamt that Husband left for Afghanistan before I had a chance to say goodbye. I don't remember the exact details of the dream just that I was too late. I had missed his plane's departure by minutes but there was nothing I could do.

I do think all dreams have signifigance in some way or other. I do believe that we can find answers in dreams -- mind you, not always but that we can get something out of our dreams, even if it turns out to be only conversation fodder.

We are well underway for the imminent departure of my Husband's government sponsored trip to Afghanistan. All last week and this he has been filling out paperwork he needs for top secret clearance. In the past month, there's also been field exercises and training. So it is no surprise that I should have this dream. Yet it seems too soon to be dreaming like this. Yet again hardly a day can go by without realizing that this time next year, I'll be alone. He told me the other night of how much he'll miss me -- yet somehow I think it might be easier for him. He has a job to do, a mission to complete. His mind won't have to wander all over the empty house his departure helps to create. He won't have to sleep alone in the first bed we bought together; he won't have to eat all his meals in the kitchen where I've prepared meals for two or sit on the same couch watching a movie with no one to snuggle against.

Living in the present, looking ahead, it's a topsy turvy world right now.

1 Comments:

  • I hops this all ends before he has to leave!!! (as in Bush..... STOP!!!)

    By Blogger Monica, at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home