The Geek & The Chic

Friday, October 07, 2005

They're Coming!

I'm so excited. My sister, her husband and their two kids are coming for a visit this weekend. They arrive on Saturday and they'll be first in the family to see our new digs in H20town although they're staying at a motel.

In my head, I imagine my niece soooo excited to see us, as she appears to be when we visit them at their home. My nephew will be excited because his sister is and both will have a fun time exploring the place. They will delight in seeing Pounce ("cat" was my niece's first word) and I'll have to ask them not to chase him since he can't see where he's going.

Our plan is to bring them to Sackets Harbor. I love that little town. There's so much history there to which the townspeople have not strayed too far from. There's a free self tour you can take of a battlefield from the War of 1812 and all kinds of quaint shops to browse. It's on the shores of Lake Ontario and if you're so inclined, you can wave to Canada.

We're going to a farm not too far away from Sackets Harbor. They have a corn maze, pumpkin patch and a hayride. They also have 200 animals you can go see and if you want, you can take a tour of the dairy and see how cows get milked (no thanks). Also on the list of possibilities to do is to drive up to Alexandria Bay for the Fall Festival they have there and build our own scarecrow. That might be fun. I had wanted to go apple picking too but everyone outvoted me -- they're party poopers, that's what they are.

Hurry up Saturday and get here!

1 Comments:

  • I check in on your blog all the time :) Im glad your getting visitors!!! I will visit one day, I dont want to go alone and Dave has such crazy hours right now, he has his son again this weekend, he gets home at 7am and has to pck him up at 9am so who knows how this will be :) have fun this weekend!!!

    By Blogger Monica, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home