The Geek & The Chic

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Mea Culpa!

How long has it been since I've blogged? Holy cow! Where did the time go?

Well, other than being busy -- quitting the Syracuse job (hurray!), enjoying unemployment, finding a job in H2Otown and the Christmas visit home to visit family, not much is going on!

I take that back. Prior to Christmas, I decided I would bake my way through Christmas and I did. I baked Chocolate Chip cookies, Cinnamon Stick Cookies, Chewy Oatmeal Squares, Butter cookies, Sugar cookies and Gingerbread cookies. We gave away most of them as gifts. I meant to set some aside for some friends but neglected to do so; this might require another (short) baking frenzy.

We've learned of Husband's departure date for deployment. It's a little sooner than I thought but I was not caught off guard by it. Quickly I am learning to expect nothing and to go with the flow. It is later in the month that we can have some people over for dinner prior to his departure which is what I hoped. I want to meet the people he's directly deploying with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home