The Geek & The Chic

Monday, January 23, 2006

My Brush With Famous People

There aren't many, but...

I saw George Burns at the airport once. He was in a wheelchair. He must've been 98 years old.

Johnny Rotten of Sex Pistols fame. My friend Monica and I cut school to go into New York City where he was signing his new book at Tower Records in Greenwich Village. I looked so very unpunk, and here I was, in a midst of people who certainly dressed the part. Then the Entertainment Tonight news van came and I ducked behind a very tall person to hide. For the record, my arm could be seen moving out of view but no one who wasn't supposed to know about the cut from school ever found out. So if you see my mom, don't tell her! Oh, I did have a Sex Pistols t-shirt on. I had him sign the back of it. I still have it. I don't wear it because I don't want to wash it and have the ink fade.

John O'Hurley of Seinfeld fame. He came to Anchorage for the start of Iditarod. He's very tall and I wouldn't say he was nice but he wasn't rude.

Run of Run-DMC fame. It was at a dance club on Long Island. He was cool.

Senator Ted Stevens from Alaska. He's very short. He's also Senator for Life, I think.

Walter Cronkite. He was invited to visit Alaska by his good friend Augie Hiebert who used to own the CBS affiliate there. While there, he agreed to speak to the TV community and I got to go! Now that's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Oh, and I saw Adam Arkin on a plane once. He was acting in Northern Exposure at the time. He was in first class and I was making my way down the aisle and I had to wait. I looked at him and I said, "You look famaliar." He did admit that I might have seen him on TV. But he didn't give me his name or show. Just as the line started to move, I remembered. I said, "That's Adam Arkin" and my boyfriend at the time heard him say, "She got it"

I went to school with Debbie Gibson's sisters. Does that count?

I think that's it.

1 Comments:

  • I think I was in the club when Run was there but I forgot...I met a bunch but David met many many more and this is not a good subject for him..Me JFk Jr., Potsie, Willem Dafoe, Rick Moranis, Benjamin Bratt, Brady Bunch Cast(Peter, Bobby, Mrs. Brady Cindy), Dustin Hoffman, some soap opera people, Bob Hope , some musicians at signings(Johnny Rotten XTC, Moby, Fishbone, Red Hot Chili Peppers,OMD),some ska musicians from the English Beat and The Specials and bad Manners, David Carradine, that movie critic guy whos dead and he was gay, Tony Randall, Gregory Hines, Quentin Tarrantino, ummm there must be more....Oh yes the cast of law & Order SVU and Judith light........

    By Blogger Monica, at 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home