The Geek & The Chic

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Tempus Fugit

Time flies. It really seems to, anyway. Which has caught me by surprise since I figured it wouldn't. I thought the weekends would be really slow and here it is, almost 9pm on a Sunday night. Where did the day go? I didn't even get out of bed till 9:30am and spent the day putzin' around. I'm trying to clean the place up because my mother is coming to visit at the end of the week and the place is a mess. It really is. The bedroom looks like a tornado went through it. When we got back from the funeral we just dropped our suitcases wherever they fell. They're still there. I'm going to have tunnel my way through eventually unless I get that laundry done.

Oops, my attention wandered for a moment. There's that Tide To Go commercial with the drill sergeant yelling at the recruit for a stain on his shirt. One of his buddies slips him the product while the sergeant is looking and wipes the stain out. When the sergeant returns his attention to the recruit and makes a comment about the stain, the recruit says,"Sir! What stain sir?" It's clever but no drill sergeant would ever be called sir, at least in the army. If you called him sir you'd be reminded that he works for a living.

But that, and a trip to the post office is how I spent my weekend. Husband said he sent me something, so I'm waiting for it to arrive. He won't tell me what it is only that I have to wait to open it. I won't make you wait that long... once I open it, I'll tell you what it is too.

2 Comments:

  • you know the TV did the No signal thing to me twice, Once I hit the wrong number and put the TV on some other nuber and had to put it on 3, a and the other was the cable had to be reset, its prob not the tv
    OOOH cant wait to hear whats in the package

    By Blogger Monica, at 5:45 PM  

  • You do realize that this is most likely the marine corps, in which they start and end their sentences with sir to the drill instructors (DI).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home