The Geek & The Chic

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Husband called me today to let me know that just over 3% of his deployment is done. He even sounded excited about it. I, on the other hand, was not. He looked at 3%, I was looking at the 97% remaining.

I'm in danger of becoming a creature of habit. I wake up, get dressed, come home for lunch, come home after work, eat supper, watch TV and shower then it's to bed. Repeat. There are occasions I have things to do in the evening. On weekends I like to run errands. But my point is, there's not an awful lot keeping me busy these days. I'm really trying to find something to like about Watertown but my mother taught me not to say anything if I couldn't find anything nice to say. Maybe it's not that bad but I just haven't found where I need to be.

In the meantime, in my own effort at rebellion of the rut, I've started going to the gym this week. I was doing some treadmill work (my walk to nowhere as I called it) but it's too easy to sleep in and convince (or at least pretend you've convinced yourself) that you can do it after work. Besides 30 minutes on the treadmill is monotonous I've found, even with the television on.

I like to People Watch while I'm at the gym. There are soldiers, spouses and others. I was hesitant to go to the gym at first but nobody really cares. Everybody's just doing their own thing, as I am. And I swear the guy at the desk flirted with me too. It's nice to know I still got it!

3 Comments:

  • no more classes? Ok Ok I got the embroidery starter, stitch it kit, which I never seem to have time to do last year here is the link but Amazon.com and Overstock.com seem to have it for cheaper, I og t it at overstock

    http://www.sublimestitching.com/oneindex.html

    its easier than knitting I think :)

    By Blogger Monica, at 9:51 AM  

  • Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 AM  

  • Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home